Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Mad Head - Part I

This story is rated Mature and may contain material unsuitable for readers under 18.


the slow glow
from the opaque street light near Bleecker
transfixed
holding a cool gaze
floating to a raunchy head beat
the distinct smell of eucalyptus honey
visions of thick drops running down the side of Enola's mason jars extract thoughts of jazz
I welcome the resurrection
and prepared to ride a riff w/trane
along w/Dizzy altering scales of composition spiral into

"I'll never go back to Georgia" licks

(music plays)

crisscross & seduce me w/his hurricane horn
stopping just long enough to hear Moody scat
thumping mad Max into memory instead of memorex
easy flow where my mind go
groove along side daddy do good
waited for me inside Sweet Basil
El Dios of drums
flailing
the first click
the first hit
the full blown litany of sound boiling my blood
possessed
unleash the beast inside to rhythms so loose
& free
alone
2 A.M. w/my cool gaze
a warm glass of Hennessy
"no ice please"
a couple of cats
& Art Blakey
playing while I drag my straw stuffed nose to sniff up the last bit of blow
long after the light blew

Dedicated to all the giants.


© 2009 Lepadah

No comments:

Post a Comment