Wednesday, February 23, 2011

OPEN LETTER FROM EDITOR (NEW BOOK "PROSE, ESSAY AND SHORT STORIES OF A NYMPHOMANIAC"

FEBRUARY 2011

OPEN LETTER TO LEPADAH


Lydia Percy,
I was just writing/researching for a new chapter when I noticed your email. Nice... It had my mind thinking about other aspects of your creativity!
I do not know what your goals are. I do not know if you like when I want to be involved by editing or suggesting working together. I cant read your mind, but...I do know I want to be your "creative conscious" if you like that idea. I do not know a poet as good as you...well ok maybe Bob  Dylan. I do know a lot of poets, and am performing at Step to the Stool saturday. I am unprepared.
I am not a professional guitarist, but I might be able to put some simple passive guitar behind your words like the piece you sent. That way you dont have to worry about copyrights.
Goodnight, get well.

Larry Mayfield
Editor

OPEN LETTER TO LEPADAH

Dear Lydia.

My friend and editor a creative writing instructor, now retired. I played him the audio of your piece. He had many compliments. Many.

Larry Mayfield
Editor

OPEN LETTER TO LEPADAH

Dear Lydia,

I can edit you much better if I can hear the spoken word like this.
I realize spoken word carries itself differently than on paper.
Let's put our minds together and figure out how one makes an audio and text carry the same weight.
I have seen spoken word have much less effect on paper and am determined to find a way to give it power when written.

Larry Mayfield
Editor

No comments:

Post a Comment