Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I Love Waxpoetic

The subway ride to work was void of anything or anyone. I sat ravished by my copy of Waxpoetics featuring articles on Theophilus London, Gil Scott and Nina Simone just a few delightful reads. So I snatch this from the Nina Simone article which I love. She is truly an inspiration. A quote by Lorraine Hansberry's . . . "Let no Negro artist who thinks himself deserving of the title take pen to paper--or, for that matter, body to dance or voice to speech or song-- if in doing so the content of that which he present or performs suggests to the nations of the world that our people do not yet languish under privation and hatred and brutality and political oppression in every state. . . The truth demand its own equal." BRAVO!

Listen up everyone go get your copy of Waxpoetics you won't be sorry. This meticulously written magazine is so preciously put together you won't put it down.

Peace Lepadah

No comments:

Post a Comment