Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Just thinking about you by Lepadah ... Happy Poetry Month

Photo

Just Thinking About You (A Poem)

"I was just thinking about you"
cardinal phrase, a thought
something bought 
fresh and oh so brand new
"I was just thinking about you"

the man I call "baby" 
erstwhile lapse "daddy"
mid taffeta twinkle
"I love ... " oh no 
"I meant ..."

unable to conceal 
feelings a peel
"I meant; dig you baby"
"yeah, I dig you baby"
err up under your singing "Happy Feeling"

"huh! now how you go and do that?" he say
"ha, ha, my natured stumbler"
dragoon jaded trinkets
settled wee wrist 

"right! ha, ha how you go and do that?" he say 
admit the genius 
shy ebon Queen
bedtime conversation of revolution
possibly our own
brave hearts fully grown

able vibes for Huey, Cleaver, Bunchy ...
Boondocks and The Roots
carry secret of Orishas
seasoned outer limits
sexually video taped
our escapades; there would be no escape

"you're down; all the way down?"
prepare to go forward 
ideas singing new notes
vast voices

"so you said ... you love ... right!"
"now how you go and do that?" he say
indulge one need to appease; please
words that weep ... one unconscious

© 2011 Lepadah 

No comments:

Post a Comment