Monday, May 17, 2010

Pittsburgh the weekend

Traveled to Pittsburgh this weekend all in approximately an 18 hour road trip to and fro. Drove 30 miles to Washington, Pennsylvania a few miles you can reach West Virginia and Ohio so you know I was in the country deep with my quintessential man. I've been traveling like a maniac every weekend the propensity to hit the wide open road is remarkably liberating. There is so much to appreciate about our world we live in. The massive mountains, low valley's, breathtaking scenery a camera will not do the lush greenery of the trees, lilac flowers growing full, cows grazing in the pasturer, horses stepping peacefully justice. I really enjoy the company I am fortunate to be with . An independent, intelligent and strong black man who is utterly spoiling me mentally and otherwise. I'm a geek for witty intelligent people who push me further mentally with the skills of creative conversation that vary. My weekend started with a royal flush as follows went to work, returned home to prepare my exodus from the big apple. Packed my bag, showered a couple of quick winks the alarm set for midnight so I can arrive in Pittsburgh by noon Saturday. Timing every step down to the minute I was off on the road feeling like Jack Kerouac his book "On the Road." Travel is very addictive and I am hooked. I knew this would be my calling to run away to a tranquil place without distractions. So I arrived in Pittsburgh on time. A wonderful looking city and remarkably clean. Driving out to the hotel located in Washington, Pennsylvania nothing by Dodge 4x4's everywhere, the favorite head wear must be ten gallon cowboy hats and camouflage caps. Waffle house first stop could have did without their eggs and grits but the coffee was good. Back to the hotel to rest a bit. Before dining out at Red Robins we walked over to an outdoor car show a few steps away. I was a bit hesitant since we would be the only blacks here at the show. A definite NBA (no blacks allowed) after a nudging from my man we walked over to check it out. Vintage Corvettes, 1959 Cadillac with celadon interior and customize windows caught my eye I had to inquire about the authenticity of the interiors color, a 1950 pretty blue Dodge with a massive engine, 1951 Oldsmobile and a super hyped customize chartreuse colored Pinto. Some of the cars were decorated with the confederate flag blazing across windows and bumpers. Folks from Tennessee, Texas, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Missouri, Ohio, North Dakota, West Virginia was representing hard. Topping it all off was Barry White's music playing over the PA system. I had to laugh about that. Folks were pleasant no apparent lynching mob just quick howdy. short talk about the weather and stats on cars. All said I enjoyed myself. Till next time. Help keep America green.

No comments:

Post a Comment